LOTR Second Age Gondorian Shield
- Usually ships the next business day
- Item #:
Out of stock
The Gondorian army, from Lord of the Rings, was made up of four divisions: Archers, Swordsmen, Axemen, and Spearmen. Each soldier carried a weapon in one hand and a shield in the other for protection. A few of the men proudly carried banners, representing the Kingdom of Gondor, when they went into battle. Only the fittest and strongest men were allowed to enlist. The training was intensive because the Numenorean captains foresaw the need to be ready to defend their fledgling kingdom. The strength and discipline of the Gondorian soldiers made them difficult opponents against the armies of Sauron's Orcs. Their reputation as the finest warriors among the men of Middle-earth was well-deserved.
The Gondorian Shield the soldiers carried was long and broad and made of a number of different layers of wood, edged in metal to produce strong, heavy protection. The front of the shield bore the 'Tree of Gondor' surrounded by seven stars and a crown. These were royal symbols of the Gondorian people and showed their noble Numenorean lineage.
This shield is large and bulky; we recommend UPS Ground shipment only
- Limited edition of 1500 individually serialized pieces worldwide
- Cast in hard polyresin
- Genuine leather arm strap, leather wrapped wood handle is shipped unassembled for wall mounting, hardware to assemble included.
- 44 3/4″ x 18 7/8″
- Includes Gondorian banner with silver embroidery
- Also includes a certificate of authenticity